PRINCIPLES OF COMPLINING OF DICTIONARY OF UNIVERBS (on the material of the game glossary)
The paper is a practice to compile one of the parts of a dictionary of univerbs of the Russian language. Univerbal segment of lexicon of gamers, being cybergame players of Dota2, has determined object of the study. Subject of the study is declaring principles for lexicographic description of slangism univerbs. More and more active occurrence and functioning of univerbs in the context of different Russian-speaking slangism systems have stipulated the necessity to determine criteria to form lexical entry of each of the units under study. Objective of the study is to identify principles to form lexical entry of neological univerbs, to define its structure, and to generalize such basic characteristics of the units as unique and universal. Structural, descriptive, comparative, classificatory, and resumptive methods have been applied. Practical implication of the results may be used while studying neology of the Russian language. Conclusions. We believe that lexicographic description is the logic and required stage following the analytic studies of the units. They should be included in the corresponding dictionary type as a part of clearly structurized lexical entry demonstrating each unique and universal peculiarity of the units. Lexicographic description of univerbs relies upon a strict structure of lexical entry involving following structural elements: 1) univerb: а) ability to very, generic assignment, b) part-of-speech assignment, c) stylistic assignment; 2) its alternative word combination; 3) model of the word combination; 4) model of the univerb; 5) onomasiologic model where marker of onomasiologic basis coincides with the naming unit of lexical-semantic group; 6) lexical meaning of a univerb, being essentially more explanatory interpretation of alternative word combination; 7) univerbal type in terms of its origin; 8) qualification of a process of the univerb origination (according to a type, determined in p. 7); and 9) context of functioning of the univerb as well as identical word combination.
2. Dambuev, I. A. “Modern lexicography: status and directions of development” [“Sovremennaya leksikografiya: status i napravleniya razvitiya”], available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/sovremennaya-leksikografiya-status-i-napravleniya-razvitiya (Access time: 10.01.2019).
3. Diachok, N. V. (2007), “The question of semantic and formal boundaries of nominees of the type “word combination + university” [“Vopros o semanticheskikh i formal'nikh granitsakh nominatem tipa „slovosochetaniye + univerb”], Bulletin Dnipropetrovsk University. Mouznavstvo, No. 4/1, pp. 104–109.
4. Diachok, N. V. (2018). Materials to the dictionary of the modern Russian language univerbs. Part I (A–L) [Materialy k slovaryu univerbov sovremennogo russkogo yazyka. Chast' I (A–L)], View of B. І. Matorina, Slov'yansk, 254 p.
5. Diachok, N. V. (2019). Materials to the dictionary of the modern Russian language univerbs. Part II (M–Y) [Materialy k slovaryu univerbov sovremennogo russkogo yazyka. Chast' II (M–Y)], View of B. І. Matorina, Slov'yansk, 270 p.
6. Zemskaya, E. A., Kitaygorodskaya, M. V., Shiryaev, E. N. (1981), Russian Conversational Speech [Russkaya razgovornaya rech'], Science, Moscow, 276 p.
7. Kudryavtseva, L. A. (2004), Modeling the dynamics of the vocabulary of a language [Modelirovaniye dinamiki slovarnogo sostava yazyka], CPI "Kiev University", Kiev, 208 p.
8. Moskovich, V. A. (1969), Statistics and semantics [Statistika i semantika] , Science, Moscow, 304 p.
9. Nemchenko, V. N. (1984), Modern Russian. Word formation: manual [Sovremennyy russkiy yazyk. Slovoobrazovaniye : posobiye], High School, Moscow, 256 p.
10. Terkulov, V. I. (2008), “Parameters of onomasiological classification of universalization composites” [“Parametry onomasiologicheskoy klassifikatsii univerbalizatsionnykh kompozitov”], Bulletin of Lugansk nat. ped. un-tu im. Taras Shevchenko: «Philological sciences», No. 13 (152), pp. 183–191.
11. Ustimenko, I. O. (2001), Onomasiological aspect of semantic condensation. Lexicology. Semasiology [Onomasiologicheskiy aspekt semanticheskoy kondensatsii. Leksikologiya. Semasiologiya], BelSU, Belgorod, pр. 19–25.
12. Chernyak, V. D. “Modern lexicography as a tool for the formation of a linguistically competent personality” [“Sovremennaya leksikografiya kak instrument formirovaniya lingvisticheski kompetentnoy lichnosti”], available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/sovremennaya-leksikografiya-kak-instrument-formirovaniya-lingvisticheski-kompetentnoy-lichnosti (Access time: 20.01.2019).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.