LINGUISTIC FEATURES OF THE LANGUAGE SYSTEM AS THE INFLUENCING FACTOR ON THE STUDY PROCESS (using the material in English and Spanish)
The object of the research in this article is the features of teaching English and Spanish. The subject of the research is the influence of these features on the process of learning these languages. The considerable attention is paid to the problem of teaching foreign languages that are different from English and the demand for Spanish in the educational services market. The didactic features and difficulties of teaching pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar of the languages as well as the main impact factors of the system of language on the teacher’s activities are described in detail. The purpose of the study is to reveal the features of the systems of learning English and Spanish, the effect of these features on the organization of the educational process and on the actual process of learning these languages in its various aspects. The research method in this article is a contrastive-comparative analysis of the phonetics, vocabulary and grammar of English and Spanish languages as well as the analysis of their own experience in teaching these languages and the difficulties arisen in this process. The result of the study. This study has revealed the influence of the linguistic characteristics of foreign languages on the didactic features of their study and teaching. The practical importance is seen directly in applying the results in the educational process, namely in its organization, the choice of methods of teaching English and Spanish. The main author’s conclusions are as follows: 1) the issue of teaching and learning foreign languages other than English is not sufficiently covered in the methodology as English is taught mostly; 2) considering that the number of people who speak English is growing, there is a demand for other international languages, in particular, Spanish; 3) English and Spanish have common features, but significantly more differences in phonetics, vocabulary and grammar; 4) such differences affect not only the course of a particular lesson, but the organization of the course of study as a whole.
2. Galskova, N. D. (2008), The theory of teaching foreign languages. Linguodidactics and methodology [Teorija obuchenija inostrannym jazykam. Lingvodidaktika i metodika], Academy, Moscow, 336 p.
3. Gatiatullina, E. R. (2015), “Is the bitter the root of learning, or to the question of the personality of the teacher in the educational process” [“Gorek li koren' uchenija, ili k voprosu o lichnosti pedagoga v obrazovatel'nom processe”], Modern education, No 2, pp. 20–24.
4. Pravodelov, S. V. (2015), “The advantages of distance learning and its types” [“Preimushchestva distantsionnogo obucheniya i yego vidy”], Modern education, No 2, pp. 70–74.
5. Rybakova, N. A. (2012), “Development of students qualities of self-actualizing personality at music lessons” [“Vospitanie u shkol'nikov kachestv samoaktualizirujushhejsja lichnosti na urokah muzyki”], Pedagogics of art, No 2, pp. 119–125.
6. Rybakova, N. A. (2006), Theoretical foundations and technology of artistic and creative self-actualization of the teacher of music: dissertation [Teoreticheskiye osnovy i tekhnologiya khudozhestvenno-tvorcheskoy samoaktualizatsii uchitelya muzyki: dis. … d-ra ped. nauk], Barnaul, 383 p.
7. Rybokene, Y. V., Aleksashina, T. V. (2013), “Behavioral installations of subjects of the market of the intellectual capital in the conditions of institutional heterogeneity” [“Povedencheskiye ustanovki sub"yektov rynka intellektual'nogo kapitala v usloviyah institutsional'noj neodnorodnosti”], Transport Affairs of Russia, No 6, pp. 74–75.
8. Rebokene, Y. V. (2001), Economic behavior of consumers in the conditions of a transitory economy of Russia: dissertation [Jekonomicheskoe povedenie potrebitelej v uslovijah tranzitivnoj jekonomiki Rossii: dis. … kand. jekonom. nauk], Saratov, 172 p.
9. Tenitilоv, S. V. (2014), “Peculiarities of the work of teacher-tutor in the system of distance learning” [“Osobennosti raboty prepodavatelja-t'jutora v sisteme distancionnogo obuchenija”], Remote and virtual learning, No 4, pp. 40–46.
10. Tenitilоv, S. V., Flerov, O. V. (2010), “Influence of modern pedagogical ideals on teaching foreign languages” [“Vlijanie sovremennyh pedagogicheskih idealov na obuchenie inostrannym jazykam”], Bulletin of the Russian new university, No 1, pp. 95–99.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.