ELECTRONIC LETTER IN THE ASPECT OF TEXT CATEGORIES
The purpose of the paper is to study the peculiarities of implementation of such textual categories as completeness, connectivity, dialogization in electronic letter. Object of study is electronic correspondence and the subject is the style, structure, syntax of letters. Material of the research includes published letters of the Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences, Professor R. G. Barantsev to colleagues and friends, as well as their response letters. Descriptive method, methods of contextual and communicative-pragmatical analysis are used in the research. Practical application of the research is possible while teaching the syntax and stylistics of Russian language. Conclusion: speech implementation of a number of textual categories in electronic letters has its own characteristics. Such boundary demarcators of the epistolary text as address, signature, etiquette formulas of greeting and farewell are reducing (in whole or in part) if the exchange of messages is frequent, thereby the formal completeness of the text is weakening. The dialogization in electronic correspondence is formed not only by the linguistic means typical for written messages (address, signature, pronouns and verb forms of the 2nd person), but also in other ways, such as direct quotation instead of transmitting someone else's speech as direct or indirect speech, language game as a stylistic device that forms a certain tone of communication. The widespread use of incomplete and one-compound sentences, pronouns that are not related to the antecedent, increases the importance of common apperception base of the participants in communication for understanding the text and continuing the epistolary dialogue. Specifying the subject of speech by pronouns with the absence of its introductory nomination in a letter, sending to previous texts of the correspondence by pronouns and particles, stylistic unity within the chain of letters exchanged between two correspondents are the means that enhance the coherence of the text, extend it beyond a separate letter and transform the exchange of monologue texts into a continuous epistolary discourse.
2. Belunova, N. I. (2000), Friendly letters of the creative intelligentsia of the late XIX – early XX century (Genre and text of letters) [Druzheskiye pis’ma tvorcheskoy intelligentsii kontsa XIX – nachala XX v. (Zhanr i tekst pisem)], Publishing House of St. Petersburg University, St. Petersburg, 140 p.
3. Halperin, I. R. (2007), Text as an object of linguistic research [Tekst kak obyekt lingvisticheskogo issledovaniya], Ed. 5th, stereotypical, KomKniga, Moscow, 144 p.
4. Gulyakova, I. G. (2002), “The end of the genre” [“Konets zhanra”], Glossos, The Slavic and East European Language Resource Center. Issue 2, Winter 2002. URL: http://seelrc.org/glossos (Access time: 17.07.2011).
5. Yeshchenko, T. (2009), “Contemporary understanding of the text in linguistics”, Scientific Bulletin of Kherson State University. Series: Linguistics [“Suchasne rozuminnya tekstu v linhvistytsi”, Naukovyy visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriya: “Linhvistyka”], issue 9, pp. 9–12.
6. Zaitseva, S. V. (2015), Lexical-stylistic and word-formation features of the Ukrainian-language blog: author's abstract [Leksyko-stylistychni ta slovotvirni osoblyvosti ukrayins’komovnoho blohu: avtoref. dys … kand. filol. nauk], Dnipropetrovsk, 20 p.
7. Kamenskaya, O. L. (1990), Text and communication [Tekst i kommunikatsiya], Vysshaya shkola, Moscow, 152 p.
8. Kovalyova, N. A. (2002), Russian private letter of the nineteenth century: Communication. Genre. Speech structure: author's abstract [Russkoye chastnoye pis'mo XIX veka: Kommunikatsiya. Zhanr. Rechevaya struktura: avtoref. dis. ... d-ra filol. nauk], Moscow, 52 p.
9. Korneyeva, M. G. (2015), “Peculiarities of implementation of some text categories based on the material of electronic business correspondence”, Bulletin of the Voronezh State Pedagogical University. Philology [“Osobennosti realizatsii nekotorykh kategoriy teksta na materiale elektronnogo delovogo pis’ma”, Izvestiya VGPU. Filologicheskiye nauki], No. 5, pp. 130–135.
10. Kuryanovich, A. V. (2011), “Modern epistolary discourse: a look through the prism of the laws of textual communication”, Siberian Journal of Philology [“Sovremennyy epistolyarnyy diskurs: vzglyad skvoz’ prizmu zakonov tekstovoy kommunikatsii”, Sibirskiy filologicheskiy zhurnal], No 3, рр. 204–213.
11. Kustova, O. Yu. (1998), Letter as an independent text and as a compositional part of a work of art: on the material of the letters of Theodor Fontanet: dissertation [Pis’mo kak samostoyatel'nyy tekst i kak kompozitsionnaya chast’ khudozhestvennogo proizvedeniya: na materiale pisem Teodora Fontane: dis. ... kand. filol. nauk], St. Petersburg, 225 p.
12. Leont’yev, A. А. (1979), “Saying as a subject of linguistics, psycholinguistics and communication theory”, The syntax of the text [“Vyskazyvaniye kak predmet lingvistiki, psikholingvistiki i teorii kommunikatsii”, Sintaksis teksta], Nauka, Moscow, pp. 18–36.
13. Matveyeva, T. V. (2006), “Text categories”, Stylistic encyclopedic dictionary of the Russian language [“Tekstovyye kategorii”, Stilisticheskiy entsiklopedicheskiy slovar’ russkogo yazyka], Flinta : Nauka, Moscow, pp. 533–536.
14. Nizhnikova, L. V., Dolenko, L. V. (2005), “Text categories inherent in the letter, and the specificity of their implementation’, IV International scientific and practical conference on the methodology of teaching a foreign language, the memory of Professor V.L. Skalkin (January 27–28, 2005) [“Tekstovyye kategorii, prisushchiye pis'mu, i spetsifika ikh realizatsii’, IV Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiya z pytan’ metodyky vykladannya inozemnoyi movy, pam’yati profesora V. L. Skalkina (27–28 sichnya 2005 r.)], Astroprint, Odessa, pp. 297–303.
15. Podyapolskaya, O. Yu. (2004), The typology of addressing in the texts of the epistolary genre (on the material of F. Kafka’s letters): author's abstract [Tipologiya adresovannosti v tekstakh epistolyarnogo zhanra (na materiale pisem F. Kafki): avtoref. dis. ... kand. filol. nauk], Chelyabinsk, 22 p.
16. Kholodnyak, E. (2006), “Epistolary text in the aspect of text linguistics”, Scientific bulletin of the Kherson State University. Series: Linguistics [“Epistolyarnyy tekst v aspekte lingvistiki teksta”, Naukovyy visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriya: “Linhvistyka”], issue 3, pp. 137–140.
17. Chesnokova, I. А. (2012), “Confession Letter in the Framework of Virtual Discourse”, Bulletin of the Tomsk State Pedagogical University [“Pis’mo-ispoved’ v ramkakh virtual’nogo diskursa”, Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta], issue 1 (116), pp. 229–231.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.