NAMING OF THE PREMISES FOR KEEPING DOMESTIC ANIMALS AND POULTY IN BOYKOS DIALECT
The aim of the study is to explore the semantic structure of the names of premises for keeping domestic animals and poultry in Boykos dialect. The object of study is lexical and semantic subgroup of the premises names for keeping domestic animals and poultry in Boykos dialect. The material for study was the personal recording of the Boykos native speaker, who spoke about the building the house, it took place in 51st settlement during 2016 – 2018.The materials of lexicographic, lexico-geographic and ethnic works from Boykivshyna were used. The descriptive, comparative methods and method of etymological analysis were applied. As a result of the study, the semantic structure of the premises names for domestic animals and poultry were found out; the variability of the lexemes on the phonetic and morphological level was determined; the comparative analysis of lexemes with other Ukrainian language dialects was conducted; the etymology of the analyzed lexemes and their motivational peculiarities, their effective features of motivation were revealed. Conclusions: 1.Most part of the analyzed lexemes shows extended semantic structure, there is lexical variability in certain dialects. 2. Most of the analyzed names are derived from the names of the animals. At the same time, we find the words, that have clear motivation (sazh ← sa|dyty, |s''idalo ← sі|daty). 3. By the origin most of the lexemes of the analyzed lexical and semantic subgroup are specific; among the borrowings are German and Romanian words.
2. Doroshenko, L. I. (1999), Areal placing of building vocabulary in Eastern Polissia dialects: Author's abstract [Arealohiia budivelnoi leksyky skhidnopoliskoho dialektu: Avtoref. dys. … kand. filol. nauk], Kyev, 19 p.
3. Yevtushok, O. M. (1990), The folk construction vocabulary of the Western Polissya [Narodna budivelna leksyka Zakhidnoho Polissia], Rivne, 145 p.
4. Kobilnik, V. (1936), “Material culture of village Zhukotin of Turchansky district”, Chronicle of Boikivshchyna [“Materialna kultura sela Zhukotyn Turchanskoho povitu”, Litopys Boikivshchyny], Sambir, Part 7, pp. 15–67.
5. Nikonchuk, M. V., Nikonchuk, O. M. (1990), The constructional vocabulary of the right-hand side of Polissya in the lexical-semantic system of the East Slavic languages [Budivelna leksyka pravoberezhnoho Polissia v leksyko-semantychnii systemi skhidnoslovianskykh mov], Zhytomyr, 369 p.
6. Pilletsky, V. I. (1982), “Genesis of the lexical-semantic group of names of buildings for livestock and poultry in transdniestrian dialects of the south of Ternopil oblast”, The lexicon of the Ukrainian language in its relations with the neighboring Slavic and non-Slavic languages: abstracts dop.[“Heneza leksyko-semantychnoi hrupy nazv budivel dlia khudoby ta ptytsi v naddnistrianskykh hovorakh pivdnia Ternopilshchyny”, Leksyka ukrainskoi movy v yii zviazkakh z susidnimy slovianskymy i neslovianskymy movamy: tezy dop.], Uzhhorod, pp. 103–104.
7. Polishchuk, L. B. (2015), Structural organization and geography of the names of traditional construction in the Eastern Podillya dialects: dissertation [Strukturna orhanizatsiia ta heohrafiia nazv tradytsiinoho budivnytstva v skhidnopodilskykh hovirkakh: dis. … kand. filol. nauk], Uman, 424 p.
8. Polishchuk, L. B. (2011), “Nomination of commercial premises for the maintenance of animals in the Eastern Podillya dialects”, Linguistics Journal. Collection of scientific works [“Nominatsiia hospodarskykh prymishchen dlia utrymannia tvaryn u skhidnopodilskykh hovirkakh”, Movoznavchyi visnyk. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats], Cherkasy, № 12–13, pp. 129–134.
9. Polischuk, S. S. (2016), Interdialectal interaction of the Speeches of the Middle Nourban Range: dissertation [Mizhdialektna vzayemodiya hovoriv serednʹonadbuzʹkoho arealu: dis. … kand. filol. nauk], Odessa, 375 p.
10. Serdega, R. L. (2006), “Names of premises in Central Sloboda dialects (composition and semantic structure)”, Bulletin of Kharkiv National University. V. N. Karazin. Series: Philology [“Nazvy hospodarskykh prymishchen u tsentralnoslobozhanskykh hovirkakh (sklad i semantychna struktura)”, Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho u-tu im. V. N. Karazina. Seriia: Filolohiia], Kharkiv, № 47, pp. 36–39.
11. Sileckiy, R. B. (1994), Rural settlement and farmstead in the Ukrainian Carpathians of the XIX – early XX centuries [Silske poselennia ta sadyba v Ukrainskykh Karpatakh XIX – pochatku XX st.”], Kyiv, 140 p.
12. Tishchenko, L. M. (2006), “South-Slabobian names of premises for storage of grain and sheaves in spatial and temporal projection”, Linguistics: coll. sciences works [“Pivdennoslobozhansʹki nazvy prymishchenʹ dlya zberihannya zerna ta snopiv u prostoroviy ta chasoviy proektsiyi”, Linhvistyka: zb. nauk. pratsʹ], Lugansk, № 1, pp. 157–164.
13. Toder, D. D. (2012), “Lexics related to housing and the territory adjacent to it, in the Ukrainian dialects of Transcarpathia”, Modern problems of linguistics and literary criticism: collection of sciences works [“Leksyka, poviazana z zhytlom ta prylehloiu do noho terytoriieiu, v ukrainskykh hovorakh Zakarpattia”, Suchasni problemy movoznavstva ta literaturoznavstva: zb. nauk. prats], Uzhgorod, № 18, pp. 78–88.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.